Skip to main content

Watch: Arjun Tendulkar Scalps 1st Wicket Of IPL 2026, Muted Celebrates Follows

Arjun Tendulkar , son of legendary India cricketer Sachin Tendulkar , made his debut for Lucknow Super Giants (LSG) in IPL 2026 on Saturday, and also took his first wicket of the tournament. Tendulkar bowled an inch-perfect yorker in his third over to dismiss Punjab Kings (PBKS) opener Prabhsimran Singh , trapping him LBW. The left-arm pacer, however, did not celebrate it much, with LSG in a losing position. Tendulkar had a golden opportunity to dismiss Prabhsimran in his very first over, but LSG skipper Rishabh Pant squandered a simple catch. When Tendulkar got Prabhsimran's wicket on the final ball of the 15th over, PBKS were already in the driving seat and on their way to victory, chasing a target of 197. Tendulkar was not animated in his celebration, instead just exchanging high-fives with some of his teammates. WATCH: Arjun Tendulkar takes his first wicket of IPL 2026 Yorker on point Arjun Tendulkar denied earlier by a dropped catch but fetches his maiden #LSG wic...

Indian-Origin Candidate On How He Plans To Win London Mayoral Polls

Social service is down. Health service is down. Security is down. That's the London assessment by Tarun Ghulati, the Indian-origin candidate in the race to challenge Pak-origin Sadiq Khan from winning a third term as Mayor of London. The polls are scheduled for May 2.

The 63-year-old, standing as an Independent candidate among 13 contestants, wants to bring the smile and mojo back for London.

"The current incumbent, Sadiq Khan, has brought London to a standstill. Crime has never been worse. It's the most congested city in the world, the slowest city in the world, and you'll be surprised. 21 teenagers lost their lives last year and over 1,000 murders under his watch over the last eight years. And you know there's a need for a levelling up agenda," Mr Ghulati told NDTV in an exclusive interview, slamming his opponent, who has been London Mayor since 2016.

Safety on the streets of the city is among his major priorities, with visible community policing and more officers.

"I come as a voice for the people. I am an independent candidate for mayor. I was mugged on my own high street, so that's how bad crime is," he said.

Asked about how he plans to win, pat came the reply: "I will win this election if everybody comes out to vote". Mr Ghulati, who has a shadow cabinet in place, underlined that his family has been involved in public service over the last three centuries, adding he has been doing the same for 35-odd years.
 
"I'm going to bring in advisers from different communities so that they have all the answers. Because I've been going around the boroughs and I get to see new problems, different areas, different communities. I'll bring in those advisors which I've already formed a list of. They will again come in. Then I'm going to tackle crime with a fervour never seen before," he said elaborating his plans for London.

"We have got to make sure we bring the mojo back for London and the smile is back on the face of everyone. So I'm going to tackle like a good seasoned CEO. I have a dashboard. I'm going to look at it in a holistic basis," he said.

The businessman, who has been on the board of various companies, said his multicultural experience will prove to be an advantage for him.

"It's a great advantage, but none of the other candidates have that advantage. They make gaps. They don't understand cultural advances. I've lived across continents. I've lived in India where people thrive in harmony and live together. I've lived all over the world. That gives me a strength. It gives me knowledge. It gives me a know how, and it gives me the people to people interaction because that moment of truth is lost when you can't interact with people. The current politicians in the fray lack that," said the businessman, who also speaks many languages, adding that he will create funds and will not be limited by the 21 billion sterling budget.

"I've been a banker, a chairman. I've sat on several boards. I advise a lot of entities, including dealing with law enforcement. So I'm a strategic advisor to the global cyber life. So none of these people would talk of policing, understand policing like I do. So, as a chairman, I will bring in money. They make excuses to the people. The government is not giving us money. I want to. I view London as a global bank with different cultures and entities and communities. Come here and they thrive. This is one of the greatest financial centres in the world. And that's where I come from. I have the most experience of any one of them. They haven't seen budgets like this, most of them none of the independents, none of the political candidates. They're just playing with the sentiments of people," he said.

Asked if he has drawn from his Delhi experience to bring about changes here, he said: "I've taken a leaf out of Delhi's books, certainly, and India, where I grew up for the first 35 years, which has taught me to take all the religions and all cultures and all genders along."

The winning mayoral candidate will be responsible for all local issues affecting Londoners, from transport and policing to housing and the environment.

"I'm a person of Indian origin. I take a lot of pride in that all over the world. But I am a man of the world, having lived all over the world. So I'm a proud Londoner batting for London and I'll be the next mayor of London for the Londoners," said the businessman.



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/NgJKZWx
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US Teen Who Slapped Teacher In Classroom Faces Kidnapping, Assault Charges

A US high school student, who attacked two teachers in school premises, has been hit indicted on assault and kidnapping charges, according to a report in Fox News. The outlet said that the attacks took place at Parkland High School in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. A video of 17-year-old Aquavis Hickman hitting one of the teachers in the classroom in April had gone viral on social media, leading to a barrage of comments. Hickman is being tried as an adult and his case has been moved from a juvenile court to a superior court. Watch the video: NEW: North Carolina high school student who went viral for hitting his teacher has been smacked with felony charges & is being charged as an adult. This is how it's done. 17-year-old Aquavis Hickman has been indicted on assault and kidnapping charges for two separate… pic.twitter.com/JOsO0bFiKX — Collin Rugg (@CollinRugg) May 5, 2024 "A grand jury was convened last week, last Monday, comprised of members of this community and...

Watch: PM Modi And Some BTS Moments From His Radio Show Mann Ki Baat

The 100th episode of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Mann Ki Baat will air this Sunday. Ahead of the milestone, a video shows what goes behind recording the popular monthly radio programme. In the video, PM Modi is seen walking into a building, from where Mann Ki Baat is broadcast, and interacting with the staff there. PM Modi then enters a room to start the 30-minute programme, which was launched in 2014. The first episode of the Prime Minister's Mann Ki Baat aired on October 3, 2014. Now, the 100th episode is scheduled to be broadcast tomorrow at 11 am. This time, the PM's address will also be broadcast live at the United Nations headquarters in New York. The episode will be broadcast on more than 1,000 radio stations including TV channels, private radio stations, and community radios. “Get ready for a historic moment as the 100th episode of PM Modi's "Mann Ki Baat" is set to go live on April 30th in Trusteeship Council Chamber at @UN HQ!” the Permanent M...

BJP MP Varun Gandhi Files Case Against Man For Comments On His Father

BJP leader Varun Gandhi on Saturday filed a defamation case in a local court here against a Varanasi man for allegedly making derogatory remarks on his father on Twitter. The Pilibhit MP on Saturday came to the court premises with three advocates around 3 pm and filed a defamation case before Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (II) Abhinav Tiwari. The court recorded his statement and fixed April 25 as the next date for hearing, an advocate said. Gandhi in the complaint said that his father Late Sanjay Gandhi was a well known politician of the country and he was respected all over the country and still is today. He told the court that on March 29, 2023, Vivek Pandey, a resident of Bhojubir of Varanasi district, had made indecent remarks against Sanjay Gandhi through his social media Twitter @vivekkumar IND. According to Mr Gandhi, the accused identified himself as the General Secretary of Nationalist Hindu and Kisan Morcha. Mr Gandhi also said that he was informed about the twee...