Skip to main content

Gemini AI Paywall: Google Restricts Free Users To Flash-Lite Model From October 9

Google is reworking which Gemini models are available on each of its plans. Starting October 9, users on the free tier and the AI Plus plan will lose access to some models, while AI Pro subscribers are set to gain a feature that was previously exclusive to the top tier. The company also appears to be working on new reasoning controls for the Gemini app. What Changes for Free and AI Plus Users According to an updated Google support document, people without a Google AI subscription will be left with only Flash-Lite from October 9. Flash and Pro will no longer be part of the free plan. AI Plus, which costs $4.99 (roughly Rs 500) a month, will keep Flash-Lite and Flash but drop the Pro model. Google said affected AI Plus users will get an email telling them when their accounts will switch over. AI Pro and AI Ultra subscribers keep all three models: Flash-Lite, Flash and Pro. ALSO READ |  Gemini 4 Argon: Google Unveils New Frontier AI Model — Prices, Features And Key Things Ex...

'Anti-Ageing Regime Is Fine, But Know Where To Stop': Khushbu Sundar

Actor Khushbu Sundar has pointed at 'fear of missing out' or FOMO as one of the key contributing factors that adds immense strain on the lives of young people and those in the entertainment industry to stay in top shape externally, and in the process fall prey to anxiety, panic attack, depression and a host of other serious health issues.

She said there are two kinds of pressures that people in the entertainment industry face - from within, and from outside.

When people expect you to look a certain way, present yourself in a certain way, whether it's your makeup or clothes, when they expect you to have a designer, a stylist, etc that's what can be called pressures from within the industry, Mr Sundar told NDTV.

"But more than that, I think the pressures are more from the outside world. In today's times, when we talk about social media, this is where the pressure comes from," she said. "... If you're not properly dressed, if one hair is out of place, if your mascara is running down, if you're not wearing your lipstick, then I think the pressure builds up that you don't know how to handle yourself."

"All these are on social media. People in the entertainment industry read the comments and that is where the pressure mounts. So more than the pressure from within the industry, I think the pressure from outside the industry, from the so-called social media platforms, are what amount to anxiety and panic attacks, and depression, and the new term they have got called FOMO, fear of missing out," Ms Sundar, who saw early success as a child artist in Bollywood, told NDTV.

Her comments come amid the discussions on the death of model-actor Shefali Jariwala. While the exact cause of death is yet to be confirmed, findings from the initial medical examination suggested that self-medication and unsupervised anti-ageing treatments, specifically glutathione and vitamin C, may have triggered the cardiac arrest.

Latest and Breaking News on NDTV

Ms Sundar said there was no social media and hence, no pressures of the kind that comes from outside when she was in the industry doing lead roles, and real fans would accept actors as they were.

"... We would just wear a salwar or jeans and a kurta and walk out. Nobody would even bother. And the real fans would be there accepting us as we are. But I have seen these pressures on social platforms about body shaming, about the way they looked at my girls when they were growing up," Ms Sundar said, referring to her two daughters and her parenting experience in the age of social media.

"I saw the kind of pressure, comments and the way people reacted, so I came out of Facebook and told my girls that they were never going back to Facebook. Neither they nor I have been on Facebook since then. But on Instagram... I saw how my girls were ridiculed when they were growing up. They were big girls, taller than their age, tallest in their class... And probably to me, being a mother, it didn't bother me. But then I have seen the kind of pressure my girls went through," Ms Sundar said.

"It was very difficult to make a child understand in their growing up times. But fortunately for me, I was able to handle that and make my children understand that the people who comment, who have these, you know, ideas of being judgmental about the way they look, they're nobody to you. They're absolute strangers. They don't have a face. They don't have a name. You don't know them and you don't have to worry about them. And I was able to put that in my kids' minds. And they're absolutely fine today. They understand how to take the pressure.

Latest and Breaking News on NDTV

"I still don't have a designer. I still don't have a makeup artist. I still don't have somebody who is going to style me when I'm walking into an event or a wedding. I do it by myself and I'm very, very comfortable by myself. I think when you start feeling that I'm going to lose out in this so-called societal pressure or the way I have to present myself, when you're not ready to accept the realities of life, I think this is where the problem starts," Ms Sundar told NDTV.

She respectfully refrained from commenting on the death of model-actor Shefali Jariwala, and also did acknowledge that people taking an anti-ageing regimen is absolutely fine.

"If somebody is happy doing that, there's nothing wrong with it. You know where to stop. That's one thing which you have to learn. You should know where to stop. There are certain things which you start once and it never ends. And that is the fear which I always have. People keep telling me that, oh, you need to get this done. You need to do that. Get that done. I'm saying, let me age gracefully. I have my laugh lines. I have my jowls. I have my crow feet. I'm fine. But if I have to, if I want my skin to glow, if I'm going through a facial, there's nothing wrong with it.

"I go to my skin clinic very regularly, get my regular facials done to see if there are any large pores which need to be treated because all this happens with age. But you should know where to stop. You cannot be totally into that and say that I need a magic wand in my hand and I want to be like a 20 year old at this age. No, you can't be. You have to accept it. You have to learn to accept it," Ms Sundar said.

She suggested going for a regular master health checkup, especially women, and not to focus only on the external but internal too. "This is what most girls miss because they think only appearance is what counts. What is within does not."



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/UXAP9kj
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US Teen Who Slapped Teacher In Classroom Faces Kidnapping, Assault Charges

A US high school student, who attacked two teachers in school premises, has been hit indicted on assault and kidnapping charges, according to a report in Fox News. The outlet said that the attacks took place at Parkland High School in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. A video of 17-year-old Aquavis Hickman hitting one of the teachers in the classroom in April had gone viral on social media, leading to a barrage of comments. Hickman is being tried as an adult and his case has been moved from a juvenile court to a superior court. Watch the video: NEW: North Carolina high school student who went viral for hitting his teacher has been smacked with felony charges & is being charged as an adult. This is how it's done. 17-year-old Aquavis Hickman has been indicted on assault and kidnapping charges for two separate… pic.twitter.com/JOsO0bFiKX — Collin Rugg (@CollinRugg) May 5, 2024 "A grand jury was convened last week, last Monday, comprised of members of this community and...

Patriots' Christian Gonzalez Sparks Romance Buzz With Juliana Alvarado

Christian Gonzalez may have just given fans their biggest clue yet about his relationship status. The New England Patriots cornerback reacted to influencer Juliana Alvarado's latest Patriots post, and her reply added more fuel to the speculation. Alvarado shared photos from the Patriots' win over the Pittsburgh Steelers while wearing a custom jacket featuring Gonzalez's No. 0. Gonzalez then commented, “HER!” and Alvarado replied, “mwah” with a heart emoji. The exchange has led to reports that the pair are dating, although neither has publicly made a formal relationship announcement.  Christian Gonzalez And Juliana Alvarado Fuel Dating Reports The exchange came after Alvarado attended New England's 20-3 win over Pittsburgh on September 20. She posted several pictures from the Patriots sideline, including one showing her in a custom jacket with Gonzalez's number on it. That caught attention before the cornerback joined the conversation himself.  Gonzalez's “...

Harvard Astrophysicist Says He Found Alien Tech From A Meteor: Report

A Harvard University astrophysicist claims to have made a significant advancement in the quest for extraterrestrial life. Professor Avi Loeb thinks he may have discovered pieces of alien technology from a meteor that crashed in 2014 off the coast of Papua New Guinea. According to CBS News , Loeb and his team just brought the materials back to Harvard for analysis. The U.S. Space Command can confirm with almost near certainty, 99.999%, that it came from another solar system. The government gave Loeb a 10-kilometre (6.2-mile) radius of where it may have landed. "That is where the fireball took place, and the government detected it from the Department of Defence. It's a very big area, the size of Boston, so we wanted to pin it down," said Loeb. "We figured the distance of the fireball based on the time delay between the arrival of the blast wave, the boom of the explosion, and the light that arrived quickly." According to USA Today, the fragments the team uncov...