Skip to main content

Vijay Shekhar Sharma Calls Ather's Lethal' Scooter Testing Idea Brilliant

Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma has praised Ather Energy's intense vehicle-testing regime, calling the Bengaluru-based electric scooter maker's approach a “lethal idea” for building vehicles suited to Indian roads. Sharma reacted to a post by Tarun Mehta, co-founder and CEO of Ather Energy, who shared a glimpse of the company's testing laboratory and the extreme conditions its electric scooters are subjected to before reaching customers. “That's a lethal idea for scooter testing on Indian roads by @atherenergy πŸ˜… Too good, @tarunsmehta πŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ‘ŒπŸΌ Wonder if buyers know it yet,” Sharma wrote on X on October 1. That's a lethal idea for scooter testing on Indian roads by @atherenergy πŸ˜… Too good, @tarunsmehta πŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ‘ŒπŸΌ Wonder if buyers know it yet. pic.twitter.com/nYjqidWofH — Vijay Shekhar Sharma (@vijayshekhar) October 2, 2026 ALSO READ:  Ather Energy Stock Climbs Nearly 4% On JPMorgan Target Hike, Konarc Launch Mehta's post showed a scooter being...

Pandya's 1st Public Meet Post Parting Ways With Natasa, Captaincy Snub

India all-rounder Hardik Pandya remained tight-lipped on matters that kept him in limelight in recent times except for fitness in Mumbai on Saturday, his impassive countenance masking his feelings as he tackles myriad challenges both on and off the field. For a player who has been a hot topic of discussion with all that has transpired of late, Pandya sported a pleasant smile and spoke at length on fitness while launching his sports apparel brand.

Two days ago, Pandya and Natasa Stankovic officially announced their separation after four years of marriage, and just before that, he lost out to Suryakumar Yadav in the race to become the captain of the Indian T20 team for the upcoming tour of Sri Lanka.

On Saturday though, it was all about fitness for him.

"When our body does not get tired, our mind gets tired. So, so many times in my life, the difference between when I was able to push my limits was always the fact that when my mind gets tired, I will tell my body to just push because you will always have extra effort in your body," Pandya said.

"The difference between, if you do 20 and if I do 20, we are on the same level. But if I push to 25 and if I challenge my mindset, next time I'm going to do 25, next time I'm going to do 30," he added.

Ironically, his chances of becoming the captain diminished owing to concerns around fitness, due to which he has not been able to play all three formats of the game and bowl extensively in the limited overs game, especially in ODIs.

Earlier this month, Pandya rejoiced with the T20 World Cup-winning team in an open bus, soaking in the love that lakhs of fans poured on him during India's victory parade.

But a couple of weeks since the ultimate high, Pandya has become a man who has also lost a few significant things.

India's T20 World Cup vice-captain Pandya was perceived as someone who would fill in the big shoes of Rohit Sharma but the news of his removal from leadership role almost coincided with his divorce announcement.

But Pandya showed no impact of all that when he made his first public appearance to launch his sports apparel brand with Fancode here, sharing insights into his fitness even though talks in the Indian cricket circles remain around him being injury-prone.

Only a few months ago Pandya was at the receiving end of fans' wrath for replacing Rohit as Mumbai Indians' captain, but he did not react until he turned it around for himself.

The opportunity arrived with Pandya playing a stellar role in India's World Cup win and that was when he acknowledged that the going had actually been tough.

"The point that it is very, very important to sometime clean your mind as well, that your body has much more than what you can think and that video (he watched as a 16-year-old) stayed with me for so long that, every time in my life, when my trainer is telling me to do 10 push-ups, I've always ended up doing 15," the 30-year-old shared.

"And that has pushed my limits and I think slowly, everyone who wants to start with a fitness journey they should focus on that," said Pandya, adding that his highest score in the Yo-Yo test has been 21.7, only a few notches lesser than the upper limit.

"Start pushing your barrier every single day because the human body is such a lovely creation by god that it will mould however you want (it) to, however you want to have it, it's just that it just needs little hard work," Pandya said.

He may not be new coach Gautam Gambhir's choice for captaincy but he was once described as the "only player in the country to do what he can do" by chief selector Ajit Agarkar.

Pandya shared insights into what drives him.

"I never knew what fitness would do to me, but it's just that I felt it that for me I always wanted to be No. 1 in everything which I do, so in a habit of that, I kept training a lot when I was young, I pushed myself a lot, ran a lot so I had a very good strong base," he said.

"Obviously, there was not much knowledge about the body, not much knowledge about how to increase my fitness, but because my base was strong and I did the basics which you are supposed to do while training, it helped me when I came to the higher level." "I used to bowl if I'm not wrong 130s; higher 130s, I was able to go 140 plus, 142 by pushing, that's when I realised by 2017 or not as soon as I started getting more more into my body, more knowledge about it and that's when I start pushing," he said.



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/PIj8Oy5
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US Teen Who Slapped Teacher In Classroom Faces Kidnapping, Assault Charges

A US high school student, who attacked two teachers in school premises, has been hit indicted on assault and kidnapping charges, according to a report in Fox News. The outlet said that the attacks took place at Parkland High School in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. A video of 17-year-old Aquavis Hickman hitting one of the teachers in the classroom in April had gone viral on social media, leading to a barrage of comments. Hickman is being tried as an adult and his case has been moved from a juvenile court to a superior court. Watch the video: NEW: North Carolina high school student who went viral for hitting his teacher has been smacked with felony charges & is being charged as an adult. This is how it's done. 17-year-old Aquavis Hickman has been indicted on assault and kidnapping charges for two separate… pic.twitter.com/JOsO0bFiKX — Collin Rugg (@CollinRugg) May 5, 2024 "A grand jury was convened last week, last Monday, comprised of members of this community and...

Patriots' Christian Gonzalez Sparks Romance Buzz With Juliana Alvarado

Christian Gonzalez may have just given fans their biggest clue yet about his relationship status. The New England Patriots cornerback reacted to influencer Juliana Alvarado's latest Patriots post, and her reply added more fuel to the speculation. Alvarado shared photos from the Patriots' win over the Pittsburgh Steelers while wearing a custom jacket featuring Gonzalez's No. 0. Gonzalez then commented, “HER!” and Alvarado replied, “mwah” with a heart emoji. The exchange has led to reports that the pair are dating, although neither has publicly made a formal relationship announcement.  Christian Gonzalez And Juliana Alvarado Fuel Dating Reports The exchange came after Alvarado attended New England's 20-3 win over Pittsburgh on September 20. She posted several pictures from the Patriots sideline, including one showing her in a custom jacket with Gonzalez's number on it. That caught attention before the cornerback joined the conversation himself.  Gonzalez's “...

Harvard Astrophysicist Says He Found Alien Tech From A Meteor: Report

A Harvard University astrophysicist claims to have made a significant advancement in the quest for extraterrestrial life. Professor Avi Loeb thinks he may have discovered pieces of alien technology from a meteor that crashed in 2014 off the coast of Papua New Guinea. According to CBS News , Loeb and his team just brought the materials back to Harvard for analysis. The U.S. Space Command can confirm with almost near certainty, 99.999%, that it came from another solar system. The government gave Loeb a 10-kilometre (6.2-mile) radius of where it may have landed. "That is where the fireball took place, and the government detected it from the Department of Defence. It's a very big area, the size of Boston, so we wanted to pin it down," said Loeb. "We figured the distance of the fireball based on the time delay between the arrival of the blast wave, the boom of the explosion, and the light that arrived quickly." According to USA Today, the fragments the team uncov...