Skip to main content

Gemini AI Paywall: Google Restricts Free Users To Flash-Lite Model From October 9

Google is reworking which Gemini models are available on each of its plans. Starting October 9, users on the free tier and the AI Plus plan will lose access to some models, while AI Pro subscribers are set to gain a feature that was previously exclusive to the top tier. The company also appears to be working on new reasoning controls for the Gemini app. What Changes for Free and AI Plus Users According to an updated Google support document, people without a Google AI subscription will be left with only Flash-Lite from October 9. Flash and Pro will no longer be part of the free plan. AI Plus, which costs $4.99 (roughly Rs 500) a month, will keep Flash-Lite and Flash but drop the Pro model. Google said affected AI Plus users will get an email telling them when their accounts will switch over. AI Pro and AI Ultra subscribers keep all three models: Flash-Lite, Flash and Pro. ALSO READ |  Gemini 4 Argon: Google Unveils New Frontier AI Model — Prices, Features And Key Things Ex...

US Woman Loses 45 Kg After Leaving Husband And Job, Here's How

A 38-year-old woman in the US recently revealed how turning to roller skating after bidding farewell to her former life helped her shed 45 Kg. According to Daily Mail, in 2020, Connie Stowers from Rhode Island appeared to be living a perfect life. She had a high-paying job, a family, including a husband and a young daughter, and a lovely home. However, internally, she felt "trapped" in her marriage and "uninspired" by work. The result? she turned to alcohol and food for happiness, which eventually led to her weight ballooning to nearly 300 pounds (136 kg). 

It was in 2021 that Ms Stowers decided to leave her husband, quit her six-figure job, and follow her dream of launching her own business, as per Daily Mail. She also decided that she needed to lose weight, for which she turned to roller-skating. 

"Four years ago, my life looked fine from the outside. I had a high-paying job, a marriage, a beautiful daughter, a home - everything I was supposed to want. But I felt trapped. I was in a situation that was breaking me down instead of building me up. I was pouring myself into a job that (had) a great income but felt like a dead end and just not an inspiring fit for me," she told the outlet. 

The 38-year-old said that the situation worsened during the COVID-19 lockdown in 2020. She said that she started "using food and wine for comfort," and her weight began to "spiral," with her gaining almost 100 pounds in a year. "I wasn't thriving. I wasn't even surviving. I was stuck. And when I finally admitted that to myself, everything started to change," she explained.

"I decided that I wasn't just going to exist anymore. I was going to transcend everything that had kept me where I was... unhappy, unmotivated and stuck," Ms Stowers said. 

First, she decided to leave her husband. "It was one of the hardest things I've ever done, but I had to choose myself. And once I did, my entire life changed," she remarked. She then quit her high-paying job and started her own real estate business. After that, Ms Stowers explained that she decided to try various hobbies, which is when she discovered roller-skating, and everything changed. 

Also Read | US Baby Brand Offers 'Breast Milk Ice Cream' To Customers. Internet Reacts

Skating for the first time, she felt a sense of freedom. "It was the beginning of a new life for me," she said. "Skating saved me. It was the first thing that made me feel like myself again. It challenged me. It built (up my) confidence," she told the outlet. 

Since she started skating, Ms Stowers said she has almost lost 100 pounds (about 45 kg). "At my heaviest, I was 297 pounds. I've lost close to 100 pounds - but more than that, I gained strength, confidence, and an entirely new life," she said.  

Now, Ms Stowers runs a successful real estate business and roller skates all around the world. Her true aim is to inspire others. "I want to tell people that change can happen at any age. You don't need to be stuck," she said. 



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/unK9Lbf
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US Teen Who Slapped Teacher In Classroom Faces Kidnapping, Assault Charges

A US high school student, who attacked two teachers in school premises, has been hit indicted on assault and kidnapping charges, according to a report in Fox News. The outlet said that the attacks took place at Parkland High School in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. A video of 17-year-old Aquavis Hickman hitting one of the teachers in the classroom in April had gone viral on social media, leading to a barrage of comments. Hickman is being tried as an adult and his case has been moved from a juvenile court to a superior court. Watch the video: NEW: North Carolina high school student who went viral for hitting his teacher has been smacked with felony charges & is being charged as an adult. This is how it's done. 17-year-old Aquavis Hickman has been indicted on assault and kidnapping charges for two separate… pic.twitter.com/JOsO0bFiKX — Collin Rugg (@CollinRugg) May 5, 2024 "A grand jury was convened last week, last Monday, comprised of members of this community and...

Patriots' Christian Gonzalez Sparks Romance Buzz With Juliana Alvarado

Christian Gonzalez may have just given fans their biggest clue yet about his relationship status. The New England Patriots cornerback reacted to influencer Juliana Alvarado's latest Patriots post, and her reply added more fuel to the speculation. Alvarado shared photos from the Patriots' win over the Pittsburgh Steelers while wearing a custom jacket featuring Gonzalez's No. 0. Gonzalez then commented, “HER!” and Alvarado replied, “mwah” with a heart emoji. The exchange has led to reports that the pair are dating, although neither has publicly made a formal relationship announcement.  Christian Gonzalez And Juliana Alvarado Fuel Dating Reports The exchange came after Alvarado attended New England's 20-3 win over Pittsburgh on September 20. She posted several pictures from the Patriots sideline, including one showing her in a custom jacket with Gonzalez's number on it. That caught attention before the cornerback joined the conversation himself.  Gonzalez's “...

Harvard Astrophysicist Says He Found Alien Tech From A Meteor: Report

A Harvard University astrophysicist claims to have made a significant advancement in the quest for extraterrestrial life. Professor Avi Loeb thinks he may have discovered pieces of alien technology from a meteor that crashed in 2014 off the coast of Papua New Guinea. According to CBS News , Loeb and his team just brought the materials back to Harvard for analysis. The U.S. Space Command can confirm with almost near certainty, 99.999%, that it came from another solar system. The government gave Loeb a 10-kilometre (6.2-mile) radius of where it may have landed. "That is where the fireball took place, and the government detected it from the Department of Defence. It's a very big area, the size of Boston, so we wanted to pin it down," said Loeb. "We figured the distance of the fireball based on the time delay between the arrival of the blast wave, the boom of the explosion, and the light that arrived quickly." According to USA Today, the fragments the team uncov...