Skip to main content

'Gangnam Style' Has 6 Billion Views On YouTube. How Much Money Has It Made?

Remember 'Gangnam Style' ? The K-pop song by South Korean artist PSY, released on July 15, 2012, became a worldwide phenomenon, powered by its wacky music video, trademark horse-riding dance, and addictive chorus. The video became a cultural sensation, inspiring thousands of imitations, parodies, and dance videos around the world. It also made YouTube history by becoming the first video on the platform to cross 1 billion views. 14 years later, Gangnam Style remains one of YouTube's most-watched music videos, with around 6 billion views. Its enormous audience has also raised questions about just how much money the video has generated for PSY and its rights holders. When one user on X asked Grok to estimate the video's YouTube revenue, the AI chatbot said the exact lifetime figure was not publicly available. It pointed to Google's disclosure in 2013 that Gangnam Style had generated more than $8 million in advertising revenue when it had around 1.2 billion views....

LIVE: Who Will Be Canada's New PM- Liberal Carney Or Conservative Poilievre

Canadian Election 2025 LIVE: Canadians are set to vote today (Monday) to decide whether to extend the Prime Minister Mark Carney-led Liberal Party's decade in power or hand over the country's control to Pierre Poilievre's Conservatives. The initial results of the poll race will start coming after 7:30 pm EST (5:00 am IST), after voting ends in the four Atlantic provinces. The clear picture will emerge after 9:30 pm EST (7:00 am IST), when voting ends in most of the country, including in seat-rich Ontario and Quebec. 

This time, Canadians are not just electing their next Prime Minister, but the polls are also seen as a referendum of sorts on someone who isn't even Canadian-- US President Donald Trump. The Liberal Party looked set to lose easily to the Conservatives until Trump won a second term and began threatening Canada's economy and sovereignty, even suggesting the country should become the 51st state.

The American President's truculence not only infuriated many Canadians but also put Poilievre and the Conservative Party on the back foot due to his similarities with Trump.

Forty-five-year-old  Poilievre is a career politician who campaigned with Trump-like bravado. During campaigning, he tried to keep the focus on domestic concerns that made Trudeau deeply unpopular toward the end of his decade in power, especially soaring living costs. 

However, final polls indicate a tight race, but Carney has emerged as a favourite. Carney, 60, has never held elected office and had a lucrative career as an investment banker before serving as the central bank governor in both Canada and Britain. He only replaced Justin Trudeau as prime minister last month. 

But, surveys have consistently shown voters view the ex-central banker as the best candidate to deal with Trump. 

If the Liberals win today, it would mark one of the most dramatic turnarounds in Canadian political history. Public broadcaster CBC's poll aggregator on Sunday put the Liberals' national support at 42.8 per cent, with the Conservatives at 38.8 per cent.

Follow LIVE Updates Here:



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/BAgKX3l
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US Teen Who Slapped Teacher In Classroom Faces Kidnapping, Assault Charges

A US high school student, who attacked two teachers in school premises, has been hit indicted on assault and kidnapping charges, according to a report in Fox News. The outlet said that the attacks took place at Parkland High School in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. A video of 17-year-old Aquavis Hickman hitting one of the teachers in the classroom in April had gone viral on social media, leading to a barrage of comments. Hickman is being tried as an adult and his case has been moved from a juvenile court to a superior court. Watch the video: NEW: North Carolina high school student who went viral for hitting his teacher has been smacked with felony charges & is being charged as an adult. This is how it's done. 17-year-old Aquavis Hickman has been indicted on assault and kidnapping charges for two separate… pic.twitter.com/JOsO0bFiKX — Collin Rugg (@CollinRugg) May 5, 2024 "A grand jury was convened last week, last Monday, comprised of members of this community and...

Hollywood Shuts Down As Actors Go On Strike

Hollywood's actors announced Thursday they will go on strike, joining writers in the first industry-wide shutdown in 63 years after last-ditch talks failed, with nearly all film and television production set to grind to a halt. The Screen Actors Guild (SAG-AFTRA), which represents 160,000 performers including A-list stars, said negotiations had ended without a deal on their demands over dwindling pay and the threat posed by artificial intelligence. "SAG-AFTRA's national board unanimously voted to issue a strike order against the studios and streamers," said the union's chief negotiator Duncan Crabtree-Ireland. The strike will begin at midnight Thursday (0700 GMT Friday), meaning actors will join writers on picket lines from Friday morning in the first Hollywood "double strike" since 1960. Writers have already spent 11 weeks on the picket line, after their similar demands for better pay and protections against the future use of AI in television and fi...

BJP MP Varun Gandhi Files Case Against Man For Comments On His Father

BJP leader Varun Gandhi on Saturday filed a defamation case in a local court here against a Varanasi man for allegedly making derogatory remarks on his father on Twitter. The Pilibhit MP on Saturday came to the court premises with three advocates around 3 pm and filed a defamation case before Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (II) Abhinav Tiwari. The court recorded his statement and fixed April 25 as the next date for hearing, an advocate said. Gandhi in the complaint said that his father Late Sanjay Gandhi was a well known politician of the country and he was respected all over the country and still is today. He told the court that on March 29, 2023, Vivek Pandey, a resident of Bhojubir of Varanasi district, had made indecent remarks against Sanjay Gandhi through his social media Twitter @vivekkumar IND. According to Mr Gandhi, the accused identified himself as the General Secretary of Nationalist Hindu and Kisan Morcha. Mr Gandhi also said that he was informed about the twee...