Skip to main content

'Disappointing' As South Korea Flag Mishap Sees Asian Games End On Sour Note

South Korea's Asian Games football captain called it "disappointing" after the country's flag appeared to get stuck during the victory ceremony following their win over hosts Japan. Eom Ji-sung scored the only goal as South Korea won a fourth straight title with a 1-0 victory over Japan in the final at Toyota Stadium near Nagoya on Saturday evening. However, footage of the victory ceremony afterwards showed ceremonial officials struggling to raise South Korea's flag on the flagpole, sparking boos from Korean fans. "I believe an awards ceremony should be an occasion for celebration," said captain Lee Gi-hyuk, according to Yonhap News Agency. "We worked so hard to get here, so it was disappointing that they couldn't even properly unfurl the flag. "I imagine the players, as well as the fans who came all this way to support us, must have been unhappy about it too." According to South Korean media, the flag was eventually raised pro...

India's 2019 WC Star To Play For New Team: "Can't Sit Out And Give Water"

ODI World Cup 2019, which was hosted by England, was a memorable tournament as it brought out many thrilling matches. The tournament also had a thrilling finale as hosts England outplayed New Zealand by the virtue of hitting more boundaries and clinched the coveted title at The Lord's. As far as Team India was concerned, Virat Kohli and co's journey ended in the semi-final after they lost against the Kiwis. India squad at the 2019 World Cup also made the headlines after batter Vijay Shankar made the cut, replacing Ambati Rayudu.

However, Vijay Shankar failed to establish himself as a big name in Indian cricket and now, he has even moved on from his state team, Tamil Nadu. The right-handed batter has taken a call to shift his base from Tamil Nadu to Tripura in domestic cricket. 

As he has received from Tamil Nadu Cricket (TNC) for the same, Shankar spoke about his decision and slammed the selectors for not giving him enough opportunities. 

“Sometimes, when you're forced to take that call, you need to move on and look out for opportunities. I think I've been playing well. And more importantly, I want to play cricket, that's it. I can't go out there and just sit out and give water. It's quite difficult after playing for so many years," Shankar told The Hindu.

“Last year, I got dropped for the first two Ranji games, and then I made a comeback. In the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, again, I was dropped for the last two games. So, after that, it was quite tough. You need some clarity at some point. I was not getting that clarity," he added.

Shankar further stated that he never felt secured while he was in the Tamil Nadu setup and that's what forced him to take such a call.

“I never got any secure feeling when it comes to the selectors. So, at one point, I decided I needed to take a call. And I was happy that at least our coach (M. Senthilnathan) came up and told what they (the selectors) were thinking. So, I felt that there was no point staying. And trying to still fight it out to play in this setup was quite difficult,” said Shankar.

“Even if you take the last three years, I think only in 2022 I batted at one batting position, I batted at No. 6 every game, and I got three consecutive hundreds. But after that, from No. 3 to No. 7, I batted everywhere," he added. 



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/82SMErQ
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US Teen Who Slapped Teacher In Classroom Faces Kidnapping, Assault Charges

A US high school student, who attacked two teachers in school premises, has been hit indicted on assault and kidnapping charges, according to a report in Fox News. The outlet said that the attacks took place at Parkland High School in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. A video of 17-year-old Aquavis Hickman hitting one of the teachers in the classroom in April had gone viral on social media, leading to a barrage of comments. Hickman is being tried as an adult and his case has been moved from a juvenile court to a superior court. Watch the video: NEW: North Carolina high school student who went viral for hitting his teacher has been smacked with felony charges & is being charged as an adult. This is how it's done. 17-year-old Aquavis Hickman has been indicted on assault and kidnapping charges for two separate… pic.twitter.com/JOsO0bFiKX — Collin Rugg (@CollinRugg) May 5, 2024 "A grand jury was convened last week, last Monday, comprised of members of this community and...

Patriots' Christian Gonzalez Sparks Romance Buzz With Juliana Alvarado

Christian Gonzalez may have just given fans their biggest clue yet about his relationship status. The New England Patriots cornerback reacted to influencer Juliana Alvarado's latest Patriots post, and her reply added more fuel to the speculation. Alvarado shared photos from the Patriots' win over the Pittsburgh Steelers while wearing a custom jacket featuring Gonzalez's No. 0. Gonzalez then commented, “HER!” and Alvarado replied, “mwah” with a heart emoji. The exchange has led to reports that the pair are dating, although neither has publicly made a formal relationship announcement.  Christian Gonzalez And Juliana Alvarado Fuel Dating Reports The exchange came after Alvarado attended New England's 20-3 win over Pittsburgh on September 20. She posted several pictures from the Patriots sideline, including one showing her in a custom jacket with Gonzalez's number on it. That caught attention before the cornerback joined the conversation himself.  Gonzalez's “...

Harvard Astrophysicist Says He Found Alien Tech From A Meteor: Report

A Harvard University astrophysicist claims to have made a significant advancement in the quest for extraterrestrial life. Professor Avi Loeb thinks he may have discovered pieces of alien technology from a meteor that crashed in 2014 off the coast of Papua New Guinea. According to CBS News , Loeb and his team just brought the materials back to Harvard for analysis. The U.S. Space Command can confirm with almost near certainty, 99.999%, that it came from another solar system. The government gave Loeb a 10-kilometre (6.2-mile) radius of where it may have landed. "That is where the fireball took place, and the government detected it from the Department of Defence. It's a very big area, the size of Boston, so we wanted to pin it down," said Loeb. "We figured the distance of the fireball based on the time delay between the arrival of the blast wave, the boom of the explosion, and the light that arrived quickly." According to USA Today, the fragments the team uncov...